• Do you Play DayZ, World of Tanks or STO? Why not visit our Partner website The Good Stuff Clan and join the gaming goodness they have to offer, click here to join their discord

Joomla 4.x Who's Looking forward to Joomla 4?

vbctv2005

Reaction score
DS Credits
517D$
Joomla 4 is slated to come out later this year or early next year. Who's looking forward to it, what new features are you looking forward to?

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing if they do go with Bootstrap 4 or CSS Grid. Is anyone testing Joomla 4 yet?

GrandM1961

Reaction score
DS Credits
26D$
Joomla 4 is slated to come out later this year or early next year. Who's looking forward to it, what new features are you looking forward to?

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing if they do go with Bootstrap 4 or CSS Grid. Is anyone testing Joomla 4 yet?
I am looking forward to the new Joomla 4 as well, i’m trying to setup a webserver on my iMac and use Joomla4 once it is release. I used Joomla before for some customers, and what i have seen so far from the newest alpha release. I think personally it is a huge improvement

Gynso

The Drunken Panda
No Limits V.I.P.
Reaction score
DS Credits
363D$
I stopped using joomla around 2012, used to buy themes from rockettheme, they made for my taste the best joomla themes, they started doing wordpress and phpbb3 ones too after some time. But i then discovered wordpress and fell in love whit it, it was faster and simpler. Bu i still miss joomla, if they do a good update im pretty sure im going to give it a test again, its the first cms i used and i feel nostalgic lol.

GrandM1961

Reaction score
DS Credits
26D$
I personally am not a fan of wordpress, i always use to alter alot in Joomla to my likings. Have tried it a couple of times with wordpress but nah not my cms. But everybody jas it’s favorites and theres nothing wrong with that.

Rockettheme makes nice templates, i used to have a subscription at joomlart and another one can’t remember the name but they had warpthemes in it. And ofcourse at themeforest. I fell for Joomla and i will stich with that.

Reactions: Gynso

WinSys32

Reaction score
DS Credits
248D$
Haha, that's the main reasion why I never look forward to the next update of Joomla, maybe if they build in a compromiser so the plugins wouldn't be directly dead or messing up the configuartion or template it would be a much more nicer CMS.

crazynex

Reaction score
DS Credits
171D$
When Joomla 4 finally drops it will be alongside Joomla 3.10 which will be the last update for Joomla 3.

Joomla 3.10 will continue to be supported for a further 2 years after the release of 4.0

So there is plenty of time to make the switch.

halo3

Reaction score
DS Credits
18D$
I'm joomla and wordpress user so far. Today I use only joomla .Wordpress is a great product but security can be weakness because the plugin and template that are not build by wordpress team. Moreover Joomla is a REAL CMS, wordpress not. I'm one of the guys that are really impatience to get the hand over joomla 4 final version. I used the beta not in production environment end I can say that is a good product.
Bye.

dtorr1981

Reaction score
DS Credits
179D$
Im just about to install the beta version for testing on my server as I have maybe 60 Joomla sites which will likely need migrating at some point soon. Any one else tested the beta version?

manali8

Reaction score
DS Credits
27D$
Very Great work in joomla is joomla 4 but it's too late for RC i im wating and tested all alpha and beta, and some override work in saas, and upgrade some extension to joomla 4, there are already lot of documentation for upgrade your extension to joomla 4, and its not so complicated if you develop it for joomla 3.
JDOC:Joomla 4 Tutorials Project - Joomla! Documentation

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock