• Do you Play DayZ, World of Tanks or STO? Why not visit our Partner website The Good Stuff Clan and join the gaming goodness they have to offer, click here to join their discord

Announcements we are back to using credits!

LSDeep

Beach Bum
Site Administrator
Reaction score
DS Credits
139,067D$
we tried to work without a 'credit system' for a long time now. unfortunately it seems to lead to leeching without sharing with the community. our hope was that ppl/ members are 'better than that' - the majority proofed us wrong :(.
anyway, below a list of how you earn credits and what we charge credits for:
  • First Daily Login - 1
  • New Post - 1
  • New Thread - 2
  • One Of Your Threads Was Made Sticky - 5
  • Resource Rated - 1
  • Resource Update - 5
  • Resource Upload - 5
  • Somebody Downloaded Your Attachment - 2
  • Someone Is Following You - 1
  • Someone Liked Your Post - 1
  • You Added a Tag to a Thread - 1
  • You Became A Member - 10
  • You Created A Poll - 1
  • You Donate Credits To Another Member - -3
  • You Downloaded A Resource - -10
  • You Downloaded An Attachment - -7
  • You Follow Another Member - 1
  • You Liked A Post - 1
  • You Reacted to Content - 1
  • You Received A New Trophy - 5
  • You Revived A Old Thread - 1
  • You Uploaded your Avatar - 10
  • You Voted In A Poll - 1
  • Your Birthday - 10
  • Your Content Received A Reaction - 2
  • Your Resource Was Downloaded - 10
  • Your Thread Received A Reply - 2
you will also be charged for things like removing likes/ ratings etc. by removing the applied credits + penalty credits (example: you voted in a poll and received 1 credit, later you delete your vote you lose 2 credits). that applies to pretty much any action where you can reverse your action! with other words, think about your actions before you apply them!

credits can only be earned by personal interaction - we do not provide an option to buy credits to enable you to download files! you participate to earn credits, do not ask to buy them!!!

the idea behind the credits is not to create a way of revenue for us, hence you can't buy them! basically the idea is to force active participation in the forums and reduce the leeching seen by many members after having 5 posts accomplished. call it (i know its old) 'sharing is caring'. DS is not a 'we provide and you get what you need' platform!

the only way to 'circumvent' the credits for downloads will be to become a VIP member (which will cost you money!). some adjustment was made to the VIP level downloads per day as well. restricting your daily maximum downloads a little more than they used to be. however, we added some extra benefits at each level to increase the VIP value. they will mainly be useful for members that plan to become an active part of the forum.
if you just want to d/l what you need you have the options to pay and ignore options offered or simply look somewhere else for the files you need :).

cheers, L

Last edited:

LSDeep

Beach Bum
Site Administrator
Reaction score
DS Credits
139,067D$
some adjustments for daily downloads in VIP section took place as well in the meantime. i am sorry if some ppl find it unreasonable... the thread is open here for discussion.
so, you can voice your opinion here in general. i will be happy to answer, explain and reason with you.
i think/ hope the VIP members at this point + the members that actually actively participate in the forums will have an understanding for what was just happening! you should also see credits in your account reflecting your activity in recent times. if we would have just members like you, we would be pretty good. but we don't! - so we had to adjust. after all, if we pay the majority of the fees to keep the site going every month and keep it ad free - why shouldn't we be able to change the rules!? :)

LSDeep

Beach Bum
Site Administrator
Reaction score
DS Credits
139,067D$
but plz feel free to voice your opinion! would you like pop-over/ under ads, ads everywhere in the forums, endless ad based link redirects? do you think that participation for benefits is good with option to buy 'out' of it... you have better ideas?

LSDeep

Beach Bum
Site Administrator
Reaction score
DS Credits
139,067D$
well, PM about it is senseless - don't expect an answer! to answer it here losely - i am not concerned about members leaving! obviously that's one of your options. since we are not working on a commercial base (trying to make profit) and pay most of the monthly fees (for the servers etc.) ourselves i give a shit if you leave :). the person that answer applies to will know i think, anyway - it applies in general. i give a shit if you leave cause you can't leech anymore. this site was never made for you in that case. i give a shit about member numbers, as long as you are not active part of DS, paying by donation, membership etc. for keeping this site going. active members will have no problems, as before... . i rather work with 10 members than 100k as long as we are on the same track.

cheers, L

LSDeep

Beach Bum
Site Administrator
Reaction score
DS Credits
139,067D$
Honestly, I think using credits to weed out the leeches is the best the site. I like to make new friends so I don't mind participating, I'll even pay for VIP and still participate. Thanks for all that you do and provide for this community LSDeep
lol, keep it up guys and i start to believe myself that i do sth good!
anyway, you are welcome - participate, provide input and we all will be good LOL

cheers, L

progs_00

Reaction score
DS Credits
327D$
WHAAAT? You're starting to believe in yourself??? NOOOOO. Things are NOT looking good :ROFLMAO:😝

Jokes aside well said Mythotical . All the work you guys are doing (mods, admins, vips also) is superb. Keep it up and we will help as best we can
As for the system chosen (credits, no credits ecc) to me it's irrelevant. The community makes all the difference and from what I see, there's something really good going on here.

So go at it LSDeep . We truly appreciate all your efforts . What the heck? We might even talk you when we see you around demon scripts 😝🤣

Stay well guys!

• Love
Reactions: LSDeep

LSDeep

Beach Bum
Site Administrator
Reaction score
DS Credits
139,067D$
WHAAAT? You're starting to believe in yourself??? NOOOOO. Things are NOT looking good :ROFLMAO:😝

Jokes aside well said Mythotical . All the work you guys are doing (mods, admins, vips also) is superb. Keep it up and we will help as best we can
As for the system chosen (credits, no credits ecc) to me it's irrelevant. The community makes all the difference and from what I see, there's something really good going on here.

So go at it LSDeep . We truly appreciate all your efforts . What the heck? We might even talk you when we see you around demon scripts 😝🤣

Stay well guys!
;):rolleyes:, you can talk to me anytime mate! you usually get an answer, maybe not within minutes - but in a timely manner LOL.
as for the system (credits etc.) we tried for a long time not to use them and kinda hoping that ppl would see that DS is not a 'come, leech and piss off' site, but rather about building a community (once again :rolleyes:) and sharing stuff.
With the exeption of a few members, most seem to see that the other way around... so it needed some Stop applied to it :confused:
maybe at some point we can get rid of it again, i kinda doubt it at this point... but, never say never LOL

cheers, L

• Love
Reactions: progs_00

rickmartin

Reaction score
DS Credits
40D$
Honestly, I think using credits to weed out the leeches is the best the site. I like to make new friends so I don't mind participating, I'll even pay for VIP and still participate. Thanks for all that you do and provide for this community LSDeep
Absolutely agree! Even if I'm a new member :/

Reactions: LSDeep
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock