• Do you Play DayZ, World of Tanks or STO? Why not visit our Partner website The Good Stuff Clan and join the gaming goodness they have to offer, click here to join their discord

Xenforo 2.x Nginx

LSDeep

Beach Bum
Site Administrator
Reaction score
DS Credits
166,007D$
XENFORO is compatible with Nginx???
xenforo itself is - no prob there. but from what i gathered from some forums is that addons might cause issues here or there. have no mentions-worthy experience with nginx myself (neither with or without xenforo). so at least the second part above is pure hearsay.

cheers, L

lavkalavka

Reaction score
DS Credits
174D$
It's not recommended to use nginx. I have seen a lot of issues with urls and ssl certs.
I advise you to try using CloudFlare as a cdn server with nginx, in the nginx config you can register a CloudFlare Origins certificate with a Certificate Authority check

drfuture

Reaction score
DS Credits
0D$
nginx is a lot faster than apache and is able to handle more requests a the same time.
i using nginx many years and also with xenforo (2.2.2) and many different plugins.
nginx is used by many very big sites and has no problems with ssl or urls it self. Maybe if you configure more as needed.

Reactions: LSDeep

LSDeep

Beach Bum
Site Administrator
Reaction score
DS Credits
166,007D$
i have to say (just playing around with nginx and xenforo now for a couple weeks on a 'sandbox' server) it sure is faster, less resource intensive as well (it seems) and so far i still have to encounter any serious issues. the few things i struggled with initially got solved within minutes doing a google search. also not xenforo related , rather my config attempts in the beginning.

cheers, L

Reactions: drfuture
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock