• Do you Play DayZ, World of Tanks or STO? Why not visit our Partner website The Good Stuff Clan and join the gaming goodness they have to offer, click here to join their discord

Question Help for a component

towerman

Uploader
Reaction score
DS Credits
2,818D$
Hi guys,
I'm looking for a component for a Joomla website.
I need to create a step-by-step "customizer" for products; for example I would like to make the user choose the material of the products (showing a photo for every product), then the user must select the color of the products, than the measures and so on.
Is there sth ready for Joomla?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

LSDeep

Beach Bum
Site Administrator
Reaction score
DS Credits
166,007D$
towerman if i understand you right you want to customize products before ordering? why don't you use a shop addon (like eshop, hikashop etc) for your products? for pretty much all of them you can get extensions that do exactly what you are asking for. it seems to me like creating sth like that with Balbooa Forms or the likes is like reinventing the wheel.
however, i am glad to hear you found a solution that works for you.

cheers, L

towerman

Uploader
Reaction score
DS Credits
2,818D$
towerman if i understand you right you want to customize products before ordering? why don't you use a shop addon (like eshop, hikashop etc) for your products? for pretty much all of them you can get extensions that do exactly what you are asking for. it seems to me like creating sth like that with Balbooa Forms or the likes is like reinventing the wheel.
however, i am glad to hear you found a solution that works for you.

cheers, L
I don't need an eshop, because it had to be just a contact form where the user can create its products, based on the options given ;)

mflaza

Reaction score
DS Credits
0D$
I think I know solution... it's called Product Builder, for Virtuemart. You can make something like PC configuration, select Motherboard, CPU, Ram, Graphic card, and it can be configured to check compatibility, like AMD motherboard can't support Intel CPUs. Other solution is to build whole website from grount, for example with SEBLOD.

Reactions: LSDeep

LSDeep

Beach Bum
Site Administrator
Reaction score
DS Credits
166,007D$
in my experience many of the joomla shop/ store addons also don't work very nicely together with certain templates (rockettheme for example). i found it general beneficial and a lot less of a headache to create a subdomain (like: store.domain.xyz) and use prestashop, magento etc., adjust the theme to your needs and just run the shop as "external link" from the site. i know it's a bit off from the original question... . additional benefit is also increased security for your shop.

cheers, L

Reactions: mflaza

mflaza

Reaction score
DS Credits
0D$
True, about addons and templates. But works fine with yootheme templates if using vmuikit.

Reactions: LSDeep

LSDeep

Beach Bum
Site Administrator
Reaction score
DS Credits
166,007D$
Thanks LSDeep and mflaza
Which external component do you suggest? Even not for Joomla :)
most of the time i go with prestashop. but depending on the clients needs magenta is my second choice to work with. keep in mind, that's personal preferences - you can use whatever you are comfy with.

cheers, L

Djie7

Reaction score
DS Credits
32D$
Recently got into Opencart which is highly customizable and has allot of extra scripts, you can search for example fo: Opencart Product Customizer and Designer

If you want specific Joomla integration you can use JooCart for this.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock