- Compatible XF Versions
Creates an embedded Google street view into a message.
Road Rider Motorcycle Accessories
(Example of Street view in message)
(Example of link in visitor tab)
(Example of Street View input form)
(Example of Street View results)
- Google street view is displayed in the message.
- Easy to use link creator.
- Download Andy-StreetView-1.3.zip and unzip it.
- Copy the src/addons/Andy/StreetView directory to your server.
- From the Admin Control Panel Install the add-on.
Copy the streetview.php file from the add-on folder to a /misc/ folder that you create. For example:
Setup step 2:
Get your Google API key using this link:
Update the streetview.php file variable called $googleKey located at the top of the file.
Setup step 3:
Add the following code to your config.php file:
$config['development']['enabled'] = true;
Navigate to the following:
Admin control panel -> Content -> Custom BB codes -> streetview
Edit the HTML replacement. Your forum domain name needs to be added in place of the example domain.
Once edited, be sure to remove the code added to your config.php file.
How to use:
- Go to Google maps.
- Select a location and click street view.
- Copy URL in address bar.
- Under the Visitors tab, click the Street view link.
- Paste the URL into the form and click submit.
- Copy the streetview code and paste it into a message
If the add-on cannot convert a Google street view URL successfully, an error message "The URL entered cannot be converted" will be displayed. Make sure you're viewing a Google street view when copying a URL.