- Compatible XF Versions
- 2.0.x, 2.1.x
By default all members will receive a Daily digest. If a member does not want to receive the Daily digest, they can unsubscribe by clicking the link provided in the visitors tab.
(Example of Daily digest email)
(Example of Options page)
(Example of Daily digest link in the Visitor tab)
(Example of Subscribe/Unsubscribe page)
- By default only members which have logged in within the past 30 days will receive a Daily digest. This can be adjusted in the Options page.
- Option to exclude forums.
- Option to vary the number of topics sent in the email.
- Option to send test email.
- Adds link to visitor tab.
- All phrases start with dailydigest_ for your convenience.
- Download Andy-DailyDigest-1.1.zip and unzip it.
- Copy the src/addons/Andy/DailyDigest directory to your server.
- From the Admin Control Panel Install the add-on.
Q: Are forum view permissions honored?
A: No. You have to use the Exclude forums in the Options if you want to exclude any forums from the emails sent.
Q: Is "Receive news and update emails" honored?
Q: Are banned members excluded?
Q: Are discouraged members excluded?
Q: Are redirect threads excluded?
Q: Are emails sent to users who have "email invalid (bounced)" user state?
Q: How are thread topics chosen?
A: Threads are selected by most viewed. An additional sort on forum title can be set in the Options page.
Q: Is there an option for opt-in as opposed to opt-out?
A: No. Opt-in does not work because most members will never subscribe to these types of subscriptions.
Q: Can the email template be edited?
Q: Are members automatically enrolled in this add-on?
A: Yes. Members must opt-out if they wish not to receive the daily digest.
Q: Are new members, who registered after the installation of this add-on, also automatically subscribed?
Q: Can I change the day and time the mailing go out?
A: Yes. Change the Cron entry here:
Admin Control Panel -> Tools -> Cron entries -> Daily digest
Q: Is opting out only for the Daily digest?
This add-on will add a field called andy_daily_digest_opt_out to your xf_user table.